Getting a Job

At  this point (late summer 2008) I was eligible to start applying to school districts.  I went to several fairs, and had a promising interview with a school in the suburbs.  As a back-up, I applied to the same high school I went to.

Although I think people use it as an excuse far too often, the economy at this point was taking a nose-dive. People were being laid off from corporate jobs left and right, and the education sector was suddenly seeing hundreds of applications for every position.  Job fairs had lines out the door.

The suburb school never called, meanwhile my Alma Mater was waiting for an interview.  So I traipsed back into my old high school, immediately all the office workers were asking about my family and how I had been since 2004 when I graduated.  In the interview, the dean hired me on the spot.  She didn't even call in the principal to the meeting because "She already knows you're a good kid."  (Wow... I must have been a little dweeb... let's get some photo evidence on that)

Picture removed
"Hi guys!!!"

She might have also been impressed by the Magna Cum Laude degree (cough, cough).  But most of all, the fact that I graduated from this particular school meant that I knew what to expect:  Metal detectors at every entry point, city police officers with their own office in the school,  lead-based paint peeling off the walls, and a very sad teacher's lounge.  Home sweet home!

Two days after I signed my contract, the suburb school called for an interview.  As the Germans say... scheiße!


Anyway, I had a job with my old high school and 4 weeks before school started.  It was time for district-specific training.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go here

Buy everything.
studytunes.org