Update

So, Faraz got his way.  He is keeping his first period exactly how it is.  However, I'm still happy, because to do that he had to give up his planning period.  So my classes (Spanish at least, French is still effed) are down to a measly 30 students each.  Well, ok.

Things that made me laugh today:
I always speak completely in French and motion to the english cues on the board to make sure the students understand.  When I hand back work I like to encourage the students for good grades.  Today I handed back an assignment to a little mexican boy, he had gotten a 98, so as I handed it to him I said, "Très bien fait, Chris, c'est excellent!"  He took his paper with a blank look and said, "What does that mean miss?"  I was about to answer him when I was interrupted by the little gangster behind him saying, "SHE SAID YOU UGLY FOOL!"

Also, whenever the students want to ask permission for anything, they have to do it in french.  The most common phrases they master right away are "Peux-je aller aux toilettes?" (Can I go to the restroom) and "Peux-je écouter ma musique?" (Can I listen to my music?).  One misguided kid got mixed up today and asked today asked if he could listen to the toilets.  I had a good chuckle before correcting him.

Tonight I'm going out with another teacher at the school.  It was all arranged through text messages and absolutely zero actual contact since the students have been trying to "hook us up" ever since I started working here and would love to have some dirt on us.  This afternoon though, he came in after school to clarify something, and there were two students here, and it was really obvious... hmmmm. Oh well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go here

Buy everything.
studytunes.org