I'll kill him

So the counselors have now given me back all the students who were temporarily transferred to Faraz for Spanish 1.  This makes sense since I will be teaching Spanish in all the periods that I was formerly teaching French, so it's only fair that those kids are transferred back to my class.

If you remember, I had these students (albeit in very over-crowded classrooms) for the first few weeks of school.  We learned pronouns, major verbs, some vocabulary, and parts of speech. 

Today when they got seated, I asked very casually and non-judgmentally what they had covered in Faraz's class.  Silence.  I started prompting them, starting with the things that my steady Spanish classes had progressed to ("Stem-changing verbs? Go-in-th-yo form verbs?"), getting more and more desperate with each minute of silence and blank stares ("Do you know what a verb is? You learned that with ME!") and finally swallowing my hysteria and asking, "Did you have any instruction or assignments?" which was the first question they could answer, and they said, "No."

In a month and a half, they will have midterms that cover six chapters.  Mid-terms that decide my "effectiveness" as a teacher.  Not only were they not taught anything new, they just SAT there and were left to FORGET everything I busted my butt to teach them.

I am planning a dramatic soliloquy that I deliver to Faraz, invoking the pathos that his sheer lethargy and uselessness have cruelly inflicted upon my psyche as they nullify my sacrifice of munificent erudition, perhaps I will be dressed as Jesus, and shame him into abandoning his nefarious ways.  Either that or I will politely ask that he return my InFocus machine that I let him borrow yesterday.  Either way, he must be taught a lesson.

2 comments:

Shuey said...

Munificent erudition? Possible, but I'd like to hear the confirmation of this phrase's genesis directly from you.
Keep up the good fight.
YEOP

Alyssa said...

do you realize every post you have has the label 'bad stuff'?

Post a Comment

Go here

Buy everything.
studytunes.org