Silence, plebe!

After being promised all IB classes next year (levels 1 and 2), I was optimistic:  The district is even paying for my training to teach IB classes.  So of course, I should have expected the news I got last week: I'm on the schedule as teaching all freshmen, all regular (non-IB = non- caring about school) classes except one.  There will only be planning periods every other day, most days will be all teaching-all the time-no breaks.  Also, there will be no security.  Also, class size limits will be eased to cram 50 students into each period.  Did I mention the AC doesn't work?  Woo!

I've been told that that schedule is not permanent, don't do anything rash, etc.  Honestly it's hard not to take it personally, it seems like I'm being forced out by these crazy conditions.

I've applied to be a part of a program that transfers teachers abroad and puts a foreign teacher in their place.  So far, the effort has stalled at the level of the boss's boss's boss of my boss.  But we'll keep trying!  One way or another, I can't stay here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Go here

Buy everything.
studytunes.org